I haven't done much lately but I haven't done absolutely nothing. Given that I look at my Lightning calendar every day, some things began to irritate me. I've started to fix them.
(Note that I don't actually plan to fork Lightning and release it, I'm just using the term for pun value.)
Things you can see here:
- Moved the view controls to the toolbar for space-saving and prettiness reasons
- Restyled the events to match the today pane
- Used better colours for my calendars (that's just done with about:config, but I'd change the available colours in the picker)
Things you can't see:
- Switched on a database option for the offline cache (massive performance win, woo!)
- Stopped the month and multiweek views from refreshing all the time when it's unnecessary
All these things and a few more are available as-is on my c-c patch queue if you're interested in trying them. I've done the easy 80%, and I wish I could justify spending the time on the hard 20%, but I just need to look at the picture above to see the reminders of bills that need to be paid.