Browser-Switch Shortcuts for Firefox and SeaMonkey
This extension displays a list of your browsers on your menus and toolbars in Firefox or SeaMonkey. Clicking on them takes you to the page you're looking at in the browser of your choice.
On Windows and Mac OS X, Open With will load a list of browsers. You can add your own entries using the Options panel (go to Tools > Add-ons, find Open With, and then Options).
Questions I get a lot*
*at least once
- Why's this page so out of date? Because I'm busy.
- Google Chrome shows up twice. Why? This is a known bug with Chrome, the developers changed the listing in the Windows registry and some users ended up with two entries. Uninstall Chrome and reinstall it.
- Google Chrome doesn't show up at all. How do I fix it? I suspect this is also Chrome's fault. You'll need to add it yourself. See above.
- Will you make a version for Chrome/Safari/XYZ browser? No. I would like to but their extension system isn't currently capable of the things Open With needs to work.
- Why are all these questions about Chrome? I don't know.
- Why do no browsers show up (I'm using Linux)? There's no reliable way of detecting browsers in Linux. You'll need to add them yourself. Sorry that sucks a bit, but I can't do much about it.
- How do I prevent a browser from being displayed? Go to the Open With options page, click on the browser, and click Hide.
- When is the next version going to be released? When it is finished. You can make this sooner by making a donation.
Open With is on GitHub at https://github.com/darktrojan/openwith - send me a pull request!