Hello, I'm Geoff Lankow, and this is my website. Here you'll find an array of my ideas and projects.
A little about me:
- I'm from Auckland, New Zealand - which is quite possibly the best country on Earth, although we seem to be constantly trying to ruin it. I left high school with straight As in 2000, and I have a bachelor's degree in Software Engineering from the University of Auckland.
- I give a fair amount of my time to the Mozilla project, mostly tidying up loose ends that have been left behind by the core developers. I also have created a number of add-ons for Mozilla software, and you'll find them here too.
- I have spent a large chunk of the last decade working with school kids and teenagers. I work for an after-school sports programme at two primary schools, and, with some friends, run a week-long school holiday programme four times a year. I've also been known to organise camps and other events, but I don't do much of that these days.
- I drive a '96 Toyota Corolla wagon. It's a bit worse for wear but I like few things more than getting out on the highways on a sunny day.
- I have a good eye for design. I can't really describe myself as a designer as I'm not so good at designing stuff, but I can certainly point out the flaws in other people's design work. I find this frustrating because every day I come across simple mistakes that people make. I've often thought about making a "fix this, and it will look hot" website, but never have.
- At high school I got involved with theatrical lighting, sound and production. Ten years later I still enjoy messing about with lights, projectors, sound systems and mixing desks.
What's with the nickname?
Yes, I have an odd handle for a programmer. I've had it since before I got into software and have been unable to get rid of it. In hindsight, registering the domain name was probably a mistake.